Saturday, August 18, 2012

Blog Flash 2012: Day 16

This is the sixteenth entry out of the thirty I'm attempting.  It is part of a series of thirty entries so I hope you'll read each daily post to find out what happens in the end.
Thank you for reading!
16. A Different World

Image found on Sophie Moss' Blue Moon Album


 “Won’t you tell me who she is?” the woman asked.
“I assure you, if the gentleman in question was me, I wouldn't have needed to resort to entertaining her in my carriage. That, Miss Charleston, is why my bed is such a sturdy antique.”
Alisa blushed at his rakish comment.
His company giggled and dropped a quiet murmur and expectant glance before smoothly exiting from the ballroom.
She breathed a sigh of relief but was still left half-frantic by the thought of discovery in the London street.
In a different world, it could’ve been because of Mr Hurst’s effortless disappearance.

1 comment:

  1. I love the reference to the bed as a "sturdy antique." :) Great scene. Draws me right in.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts on this, so do share.