Monday, August 13, 2012

Blog Flash 2012: Day 10

This is the tenth entry out of the thirty I'm attempting. It is part of a series of thirty entries so I hope you'll read each daily post to find out what happens in the end.
Thank you for reading!

10. Success


“I should stay -”
“No, no, Miss Sheffield! As much as I’d miss your delightful company, Mr Hurst is being prudent. I will call on you when I’m next able to.”
Mr Hurst spoke sincerely but his eyes were openly humorous “Yes. You won’t be apart for long.”
Mr Langston didn’t notice. He thanked the man and bid Alisa goodbye whilst assisting her into the vehicle. It was small, and shuffling up the seat couldn’t significantly distance herself from the rider.
She tried her best to ignore the press of his muscled leg against her dress. “Proud of your success?”

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Mr. Hurst, with the wry wit and muscular leg!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts on this, so do share.